Coronavirus (COVID - 19) Update
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Closure of Capernwray Bible School
It is with much sadness and regret that in consultation with the Board of trustees, management have made the decision to cease operation of Capernwray Bible School, effective immediately until further notice.
The NZ government announcement this afternoon advising that there is now no guarantee that recent cases of COVID-19 were not community transmitted, a move to a level-2 alert, and the unprecedented global circumstances has led us to a critical decision point. We are unable to realistically guarantee continuity of operation if the situation escalates. With our commitment to a high level of duty of care for our students, and the unprecedented events around restrictions to international travel, we must take advantage of the current window of opportunity to get our international students home to their families.
We are requesting that families make immediate arrangements to secure flights home. We will do everything we can to assist with the internal travel between the school and Auckland airport.
Ongoing full residential care and support for our students will continue as travel arrangements are made.
In the meantime, we are offering pastoral care support as everyone comes to terms with this very difficult and upsetting decision. Thank you for your prayers as we rely on our Sovereign God will provides His strength and peace as we navigate through this time.
Peter Bichan | National Director
Updated: 5:50pm 21 / 03 / 2020